Global Climate Partnership Fund (GCPF)
The Global Climate Partnership Fund (GCPF) is an innovative financing instrument that facilitates broad-based investments in climate-relevant projects in selected countries. To this end, it provides local financial institutions with credit lines, which these institutions then use to offer loans for investments in renewable energies, energy efficiency and the reduction of greenhouse gases. The fund aims to achieve significant leverage of public funds by mobilising additional financial resources from public and private investors. Through efficient energy use and the promotion of renewable energies, the GCPF makes a significant contribution to reducing greenhouse gas emissions. It functions in parallel with measures in the individual countries to reduce CO2 emissions and increase the security of energy supplies.
In parallel with the GCPF, a Technical Assistance Facility has been established to provide Technical Assistance (TA), primarily to assist investees of the fund in their development and growth as well as to facilitate new and protect existing investments of the Fund. The TA Facility is sponsored by the German Fedral Ministry for the Environment, Nature Conservation, Building and Nuclear Safety (BMUB) and the Development Bank of Austria (OeEB). Activities which could be funded through the TA Facility include: Business development support; Technical appraisals of potential initiatives; support fnancial institutions in developing their sustainable energy financing portfolio, including the design of dedicated products; improve the social and environmental management systems (SEMS) of GCPF partner institutions; Market research as well as feasibility studies to enable the start-up and planning phases of potential direct investments.
- Initial Screening (review of Business plan, GCPF Portfolio fit assessment.
- Due diligence inc. on-site visit, financial Evaluation, risk Analysis and more.
- Preparation of investment proposal
- Investment committee approval
- Preparation of financial closing
For direct investments:
- Project sourcing from financial institutions, global/local ESCOs, manufacturers and project developers
- Project evaluation: portfolio fit assessment, financial, legal environmental and technical evaluation
- Project approval and disbursement
- Monitoring and reporting
Find out more about the Technical Assistance Facility here.
USD 504 million in invested capital