EUR 36 million
Khadidida Diabi, Principal Cooperation Officer firstname.lastname@example.org
The goal of the CDSF is to pool resources to contribute to sustainable development and, in particular, poverty reduction by preparing and implementing climate-resilient development programs that mainstream climate change information at all levels in Africa. The objective of the CDSF is to strengthen the institutional capacities of national and sub-regional bodies to formulate and implement effective climate-sensitive policies. CDSF is the investment arm of the ClimDev-Africa program. The CDSF has three focus areas:
- Result Area I: Projects that are intended for generation, wide dissemination and use of reliable and high quality climate information for development in Africa;
- Result Area II: Projects for capacity enhancement of policy makers and policy support institutions through the generation of quality analysis and evidence on climate change and its implications for Africa, for use in development planning and actions;
- Result Area III: Projects that are for pilot adaptation practices that demonstrate the value of mainstreaming climate information in development planning and practices, for subsequent awareness raising and advocacy to inform decision-making
Mid-Term Review Missions are planned for projects that have been operational for over half of the implementation period (3 years) or projects whose implementation modalities have changed thus necessitating both budget and log frame reviews. These include both national and regional projects.
The governance structure of the Fund consists of
- the ClimDev–Africa Programme Steering Committee (CDSC) that reports to the Programme Executive Board which comprises the Chief Executives of the AfDB, AUC and UNECA;
- the AfDB Board of Directors, and its governance structure, and
- a CDSF Coordination Unit headed by a Coordinator.
Overall decision-making with regard to CDSF operations will be carried out through two main organs: the Steering Committee and the AfDB Board of Directors. For purposes of Programme Coordination, the CDSF Coordination Unit will liaise with the ClimDev-Africa Secretariat.
African countries of dedicated institutions, organizations, agencies undertaking activities in the territory of these countries NGO,CSO and CBO: to be eligible, these organizations should demonstrate their credibility and track record in the CDSF areas on intervention.