Clim-Dev Special Fund (CDSF)
The goal of the CDSF is to pool resources to contribute to sustainable development and, in particular, poverty reduction by preparing and implementing climate-resilient development programs that mainstream climate change information at all levels in Africa. The objective of the CDSF is to strengthen the institutional capacities of national and sub-regional bodies to formulate and implement effective climate-sensitive policies. CDSF is the investment arm of the ClimDev-Africa program. The CDSF has three focus areas:
- Result Area I: Projects that are intended for generation, wide dissemination and use of
reliable and high quality climate information for development in Africa;
- Result Area II: Projects for capacity enhancement of policy makers and policy support
institutions through the generation of quality analysis and evidence on climate change
and its implications for Africa, for use in development planning and actions;
- Result Area III: Projects that are for pilot adaptation practices that demonstrate the
value of mainstreaming climate information in development planning and practices, for
subsequent awareness raising and advocacy to inform decision-making
Apply through the following steps:
- Download the CDSF operations and procedures manual at climdev-africa.org
- Submit a complete project concept note according to Annex III of CDSF Operations and Procedures manual.
- Submit final application to: email@example.com.
Grants are provided to projects in line with the ClimDev-Africa Programme’s goal, purpose and results areas and are implemented by national and regional organisations at all levels on the continent. The AfDB will manage the fund’s operation in accordance with Article 8 of the Bank.
Total fund size EUR 33 million. The operational budget for 2019 is EUR 10.8 million.