USD 30-50 million
AgroLAC 2025 Multidonor Trust Fund finances activities that focus on improving agricultural productivity and natural resources management as a means of enhancing food security and reducing poverty. The main areas of intervention are financing non-reimbursable operations (Technical Cooperation and Investment Grants) for
- project design and studies;
- formulation / review of national strategies and policies;
- training and other knowledge events, and
Agencia Presidencial de Cooperacion Internacional de Colombia (APC), Global Affairs Canada, The Dow Chemical Company
The Office of Outreach and Partnerships (ORP) is responsible for the management and reporting of the Fund. The Fund’s technical management will be the responsibility of INE/RND and INT.
Activities must focus on:
Trade and Access to Markets
- Initiatives that will support and strengthen farmers’ ability to participate in regional and global markets.
- Initiatives that will support governments in implementing changes to current trade policies and practices and promote agricultural trade.
- Initiatives that will increase engagement of private sector firms to enhance access to regional and global markets.
Increased Productivity through Sustainable Intensification
- Initiatives that will strengthen farmers’ ability to increase their agricultural production in an environmentally sustainable manner.
- Initiatives that will strengthen governments’, private sector, and academic institutions' ability to provide agricultural services
Agricultural / Environmental Management
- Initiatives that will strengthen the capacity of local and national governments to develop and implement sustainable agricultural plans and policies that emphasize the promotion of public goods.
- Initiatives that will facilitate or generate access to good practices on land use planning for the public and private sector, including farmers, in LAC.