InsuResilience Global Partnership
The InsuResilience Global Partnership for Climate and Disaster Risk Finance and Insurance (‘CDRFI’) Solutions aims to strengthen the resilience of developing countries and protect the lives and livelihoods of poor and vulnerable people against the impacts of disasters. Through its Vision 2025, a six-year work plan for the Partnership with a comprehensive and ambitious set of resilience targets, the InsuResilience Global Partnership is part of the resilience and adaptation track under the UN Climate Action Summit 2019 and an action partner of the Global Commission on Adaptation.
The Partnership seeks to mobilize efforts across a diverse range of partners, through the Partnership Form – a networking and knowledge sharing platform consisting of all members - as well as the InsuResilience Program Alliance - the collaborative delivery vehicle of the Partnership which brings together leading programs on CDRFI. The Program Alliance delivers a full package of services related to CDRFI to countries, including risk analytics, technical assistance, solution design, financial packages, and project management. Members of the Program Alliance are:
• Centre for Disaster Protection (established by the UK Department for International Development and the World Bank)
• Global Risk Financing Facility (established by the World Bank)
• Inclusive Insurance Programme under the United Nations Development Programme
• InsuResilience Solutions Fund (established by Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ) of Germany and the KfW Development Bank)
• InsuResilience Secretariat
To promote best practices and disseminate relevant knowledge on CDRFI, the InsuResilience Knowledge Hub holds reports that aim to guide wide ranging topics in the field of CDRFI, including an in-depth study on existing sovereign insurance solutions to the application of gender-responsive strategies within CDRFI.