Global Risk Financing Facility (GRiF)
The Global Risk Financing Facility (GRiF) pilots and scales up support to strengthen the resilience of vulnerable countries to climate and disaster shocks. GRiF activities include:
- insurance premium financing
- contingent financing
- risk financing investments
- integrating risk transfer with loans to pilot new approaches to support debt sustainability
- risk financing mechanisms that promote improvements in country systems for crisis response and recovery
- technical assistance and capacity building
The GRiF covers climate and disaster shocks and will eventually expand to other crises pending interest from partners.
Projects will be selected and evaluated through a transparent process. External expertise will feed into the World Bank’s internal evaluation of funding proposal.