Clim-Dev Special Fund (CDSF)
The goal of the CDSF is to pool resources to contribute to sustainable development and, in particular, poverty reduction by preparing and implementing climate-resilient development programs that mainstream climate change information at all levels in Africa. The objective of the CDSF is to strengthen the institutional capacities of national and sub-regional bodies to formulate and implement effective climate-sensitive policies. CDSF is the investment arm of the ClimDev-Africa program.
Eligible institutions can access the CDSF funds directly to support resilient building activities.Project Eligibility:
Proposed activities and projects must fall into one or more of the following three areas.
1. Generation and wide dissemination of reliable and high quality climate information in Africa
2. Capacity enhancement of policy makers and policy support institutions to integrate climate change information into development programs; and
3. Implementation of pilot adaptation practices that demonstrate the value in mainstreaming climate information into development.
How to apply:
1. Download the CDSF operations and procedures manual at climdev-africa.org
2. Submit a complete project concept note according to Annex III of CDSF Operations and Procedures manual.
3. Submit final application to: email@example.com
Grants are provided to projects in line with the ClimDev-Africa Programme’s goal, purpose and results areas and are implemented by national and regional organisations at all levels on the continent. The AfDB will manage the fund’s operation in accordance with Article 8 of the Bank.
Total fund size EUR 33 million. The operational budget for 2016 is projected EUR 19.5 million, for which EUR 17 million will be direct funding for selected projects and the balance for staffing, operational and programme support costs.