IRENA/ADFD Project Facility
The International Renewable Energy Agency (IRENA) and the Abu Dhabi Fund for Development (ADFD) have created a joint project facility to support renewable energy projects in developing countries. For this partnership, ADFD pledged USD 350 million in concessional loans over seven annual cycles for projects that are recommended by IRENA.
(1) View the Guidelines for Applicants and Background Information note.
(2) If you are interested in applying to the Project Facility, please register on the website. You will be informed of the new application forms to be used closer to the opening of the 7th selection cycle in November 2018.
(3) Please carry out a Mandatory Eligibility Self-check (available from the website above) before filling in your application.
(4) The Seventh Cycle Form to submit an Executive Project Summary (including project owner information) will be made available on the website. Supporting documents can also be submitted.
(5) The Full Project Proposal tab is to be filled in later in the process.
(6) A full feasibility study must be submitted with the Full Project Proposal.
(7) A government guarantee letter needs to be submitted in addition to the Seventh Cycle Form. Please use the government or non-government letter template provided.
(8) Co-funding institutions are listed on the funding page. Any questions on co-funding can be sent to email@example.com.
(9) All applications must be submitted in English. If this presents a significant challenge, applicants should contact the Project Facility (firstname.lastname@example.org) at least three weeks in advance of the deadline for applications for each cycle.
USD 350 million over seven annual cycles.
The final cycle is opening mid-November 2018.