African Ministerial Conference on Environment (AMCEN), Committee of African Heads of State on Climate Change (CAHOSC), African Group of Climate Change Negotiators (AGN)
The aim of AAI is to scale up adaptation action and approaches to address loss and damage in Africa.
Areas of focus:
- Enhancing climate information services,
- Strengthening policies and institutions,
- Supporting the implementation of concrete adaptation on the ground; and
- Increasing the flow of finance and investments to support implementation of concrete adaptation programmes and projects.
The administrators provide normative and political guidance to Adaptation and Loss & Damage needs in Africa. There is also a separate Technical Support Unit to facilitate access technical support and funds to develop/implement the adaptation component of their INDCs and NAPAs.
There are Technical Working Group (provided by CAHOSCC/AMCEN/AGN) to guide the operation of AAI and Technical Assistance Partners (Partnerships with institutions/organizations with a proven track record of implementing activities on adaptation and loss and damage will be developed to carry out the work on the ground).
Four levels of governance:
1. CAHOSCC/AMCEN/AGN: Provides normative and political guidance to Adaptation and Loss & Damage needs in Africa.
- Including the TWG
2. Technical Support Unit: Facilitates access technical support and funds to develop/implement the adaptation component of their INDCs and NAPAs
3. Technical Assistance Partners: Operationalise the four AAI Pillars
4. Monitoring and Evaluation: activities technical support partners regional institutions (and focal points) focused on priority projects
No official website for this initiative.
Regional Office for Africa (ROA)
Block 2, Ground Floor, South Wing
United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP)
P.O. Box 30552 (00100)
Tel: +254 20 762 4221, Mobile: +254 722 274 960
Fax: +254 20 762 3928
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com