Members from across the NDC Partnership will be attending the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change COP23 in Bonn, Germany from 6-17 November. The NDC Partnership has organized three events, and will be participating in many more. Below are a few highlights of the many events taking place with participation from NDC Partnership members.
NDC Partnership Sponsored Events
- Thursday 9 November from 18:30-20:00: Side Event on Increasing Access to Finance for NDC implementation in Meeting Room 10 of the Bonn Zone. The event is open to all attendees with Bonn Zone access.
- Sunday 12 November from 13:30-18:30: NDC Partnership Forum for member countries and institutions at Deutsche Welle on Kurt-Schumacher-Strasse 3. This event is by invitation only for members of the NDC Partnership. A Pre-Forum will start at noon to allow members to engage in detail on the NDC Partnership's country engagement strategy, the activities being developed by institutional members in support of NDCs, and the three NDC Partnership navigators. Members are invited to arrive at the venue at their convenience to take advantage of the Pre-Forum activities.
- Tuesday 14 November from 18:00-19:00: Champions for Climate Action: The NDC Partnership high level event for ministers and organization heads will take place at Deutsche Welle. This event is by invitation only and requires pre-registration. Inquiries about the event can be directed to Andrea Risotto at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Additional Events of Interest with NDC Partnership Participation
- Tuesday 7 November at 13:00: Climate Watch Press Conference in Press Conference Room 2 of the Bula Zone.
- Wednesday 8 November from 15:00-16:30: Mind the (ambition) gap! at the German Agency for International Cooperation (GIZ) on Friedrich-Ebert-Allee 36. The event will explore the potential contributions of resource efficiency to increase the ambition level of NDCs. Hosts include GIZ, the German Federal Ministry for the Environment, Nature Conservation, Building, and Nuclear Safety (BMUB) and the UN Environment Programme (UNEP).
- Thursday 9 November from 15:45-16:45: Regional Approach to Nationally Determined Contributions for the Pacific Region side event in the Fiji Pavilion of the Bonn Zone. Hosted by Fiji in collaboration with the NDC Partnership.
- Thursday 9 November from 18:30-21:00: Climate Watch dinner to learn more about the new tool with comprehensive data and visualizations on progress against climate change. The event is by invitation only. If you are interested in participating, please contact Andrea Risotto at email@example.com.
- Monday 13 November from 13:15-14:45: Confronting the 1.5 Degree Challenge and Accelerating NDC Implementation in the Caribbean in Meeting Room 9 of the Bonn Zone. Side event jointly organized by the Organization of Eastern Caribbean States and the UNFCCC, with ministerial representation from Caribbean countries.
- Tuesday 14 November from 13:15-14:45: Strategies to Accelerate Private Sector Investment for NDC Implementation. Jointly organized by Kenya and Morocco in collaboration with LEDS GP, GIZ SPA, the UN Development Programme (UNDP), and the NDC Partnership. The event will take place in Meeting Room 9 of the Bonn Zone.
- Tuesday 14 November from 18:30-21:00: Climate Watch dinner to learn more about the new tool with comprehensive data and visualizations on progress against climate change. The event is by invitation only. If you are interested in participating, please contact Andrea Risotto at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Wednesday 15 November from 17:00-18:00: NDC Support Programme Launch Event in the UNDP Pavilion of the Bonn Zone organized by UNDP with support from the German Federal Ministry of Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ), BMUB, the Spanish Agency for International Cooperation and Development, and the European Union.
- Thursday 16 November from 9:30-11:30: ICLEI and the NDC Partnership: Advancing Climate Governance at All Levels taking place in the Cities Pavilion.
Follow the NDC Partnership on Facebook and Twitter for live updates from the events. For everyone headed to Bonn, we'll see you there!