The Integrated Disaster Risk Management (IDRM) Fund was established by ADB in 2013 and supported by the Government of Canada as a resource to assist the development of regional IDRM solutions in line with the disaster risk management priorities of the Asian Development Bank's (ADB's) Southeast Asia developing member countries (DMCs), i.e., Cambodia, Indonesia, the Lao People's Democratic Republic, Myanmar, Philippines, Thailand, and Viet Nam.
The IDRM Fund will support projects that are:
- Send email to the IDRM Fund Manager. The email should provide brief description of your project concept and rationale on how the concept matches with the priorities of the IDRM Fund;
- If your project concept matches the eligibility criteria and priorities of IDRM Fund, the IDRM Fund Manager will identify an ADB officer to serve as a sponsor;
- You will work under the guidance of the sponsor to detail the project concept using standard format of ADB concept paper;
- Once the concept paper is finalized, it is attached to the project application form, which is submitted by the sponsor to IDRM Fund Manager. The application form should reach the IDRM Fund Manager before or on due dates for application. Due dates for application will be i) 31 January ii) 30 April iii) 31 July iv) 31 October;
- Applications will be reviewed in batches. The deadline for the first batch of application is 31 July 2013; and
Applicant will be informed of the outcome of the project evaluation process.
- Participation of local governments and civil society including target communities in identifying disaster and climate risks, prioritizing needs; supporting implementation of non-structural interventions; and helping implementation of prioritized structural interventions by linking with investments of local governments and/or development partners;
- Address the underlying causes of vulnerability as identified by target community, and recognize women as agents of change for strengthening disaster resilience
- Demonstrate innovation in strengthening disaster resilience at the community level or focus on elements to strengthen the enabling environment for scaling up community-based DRM interventions through regular development processes;
- Benefitting ongoing or planned projects of government and/or ADB that focus on DRM or wider
- Addressing community-level DRM issues common in Southeast Asian DMCs through single
country interventions, with lessons that can be shared regionally.
- Cost not more than USD75,000; and
- Have an implementation period of 12 months
Please note, funding is only available to pre-selected countries. See the eligible countries field for more information.
The Government of Canada will provide to ADB, on an untied basis an initial grant contribution in the amount of CAN 10 million in installments for the purposes of the fund between 2013 and 2017 on the terms set out in an administrative arrangement between ADB and the Government of Canada, through the Canadian International Development Agency (CIDA).
Due dates for application will be 31 January, 30 April, 31 July, and 31 October.