For Interested Member Countries
To be eligible for assistance under the CAEP, requests from developing member countries should be focused on support needed to enhance NDCs, including by raising ambition, as part of the Paris Agreement’s NDC update process.
Countries requesting support for NDC enhancement should ensure that proposals are sufficiently concrete and detailed to enable assessment without further clarification. Proposals will be screened according to the following criteria:
Countries are encouraged to consider the following elements to strengthen their proposal:
- Evidence that the revised NDC will result in a significant positive impact on greenhouse gas emissions or significantly improve the resilience of vulnerable populations.
- Existence of mid/long-term sectoral or development strategies, or 2050 pathway, and plans for aligning the revised NDC with these.
- Analysis of costs and benefits using the government’s macro-economic modeling or other relevant methodologies, models, or data.
- Underlying data and monitoring, reporting, and verification (MRV) system.
- Statement of ongoing collaboration with the NDC Partnership, based on the Country Engagement Strategy.
The CAEP will aim at a balance between support for mitigation- and adaptation-related activities, as well as regional distribution.
All current rounds of support are closed. Check this space at a later date for future opportunities to engage through CAEP.
A Resources page with Frequently Asked Questions is also available.